Sunday, January 16, 2011

Google as a lifestyle.

Alarm goes off.  Roll out of bed, wash my face, brush my teeth, fix my hair, decide what to wear.  What is the weather going to be like today?  Let me google that.  For me, googling starts this early in the morning and is something that I continue to do throughout the day.  I use google to find directions, movie times, weather, web pages, songs, lyrics, recipes, and "HOW-TOs" for just about every single thing I need instructions on.

Google has become a part of my everyday life.  Aside from the search engine, I also use google maps, youtube, and gmail!  Multiple times a day.  While I do find google addictive, I don't think it affects anyone in a negative way.  If something works for you...why not keep doing it?  Google is always there to offer solutions to problems you might face everyday, and I am reliant on it's services.  But again... so what??

I would consider Google to be more of a lifestyle than an addiction anyway.  I doubt anyone sits around going through withdrawals if they have not googled anything yet today.  Instead, I feel it is more appropriate to say that as technology of all kinds play bigger roles in our lives today, we are simply changing the way we find answers to our questions and other aspects of our lives.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered what you'd do if Google one day just disappeared? Or, if it started CHARGING for its commonly used services (search, maps, e-mail)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WOULD BE LOST IF GOOGLE DISAPPEARED.
    With as many services as they offer, there would be potential for them to make a TON of money... depending on whether or not their competitors were also charging for the services, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with what Katlyn's statement, I am not sure what I would do if Google, or search engines for any matter, would disappear! I try to find the cheapest deals on google and use it seriously over twenty times a day. If they started charging services, not only would it generate a ton of money for them, but I would be one of the people who would probably give in and pay just so I could use it.

    ReplyDelete