Monday, February 7, 2011

true romance

"Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis."

This quote is the final monologue from my favorite movie, True Romance.  You know that movie that you actually went out and bought from the store?  The movie that went with you from home to college?  The movie that you can put on before you go to sleep because you already know so well what is going to happen?  The movie that you could quote frontward and backward?  The movie that you use to write about for all English classes for analyzation?  That movie for me is True Romance.  This movie is comical, intense, romantic, and action packed from beginning to end.  I think you should check this movie out!  I really think it'll be worth your time :-)  


1 comment:

  1. True Romance is definitely one of the more overlooked movies in Tarantino's body of work. Christian Slater is actually decent in the movie, for a change. And Dennis Hopper is brilliant as Slater's nightwatchman father. But Patricia Arquette's lousy acting kind of spoiled the movie for me.

    ReplyDelete